THIS WEEK'S SEGMENT HIGHLIGHTS:

NETWORKING MEETING
Thursday, OCTOBER 29: 6pm
CUTTING EDGE PRODUCTIONS, INC.
22904 LOCKNESS AVE.
TORRANCE, CA 90501
PHONE: (310) 326-4500

Bill Dedes has been kind enough to offer his studio for our meeting - don't miss it!

Spotlight - Freelance Tips - Use this time to build your business
Social Networking -
Tips on how to use social networking effectively
Using social networking for charities
The State of our Industy - Recent feedback on the importance of meeting
Green Report - International Day of Climate Action

Remember to click each title for the entire article

Monday, March 2, 2009

GREAT RESPONSE - THANKS AND KEEP IT COMING!
Thank you all for your tremendous response to the blog.  Although it appears grim out there, I'm thrilled to see that we are a bunch of optimists.  Please note some of the correspondence and check the posted comments below.

Great timing on your blog
This past Wednesday I was “terminated” from my job
I was in shock (and anger!) for a couple of days, but now I have my balance back.
Scary time to re-enter the job market…

Yes, meetings, incentives, etc. are really a dirty word out in the world.  No one knows about our relatively industry and that it's being greatly impacted.  Did you hear about the bank from Illinois that had a 3 day trip to LA, stayed in nice hotels, had Chicago, Earth Wind & Fire, and Sheryl Crow perform?  TMZ and all the media roasted them... of course they had taken bailout money.

Thank you for the blog. I have been in the same situation as you find yourself in. It is a slow market for everyone. The sectors of automotive, tech and financial seem to be the hardest hit. I believe that communication with peers is so important as it reinforces that you are not alone and could lead to employment referrals.

I think this is a terrific idea and I am excited to be apart of the group. Thank you for including me.
I finished working on a  show three weeks ago and have been looking for my next project and nothing - nothing at all!
Very scary times!  So anything we can do to support each other will be great.

Thanks for including me on your distribution.  Your message pretty much hits it spot on!  I’ve been slow since October too.  I didn’t feel it as much through Nov/Dec as those holiday months are always filled with so much personal stuff going on.  But with that said, Jan and Feb have been painfully quiet.  I miss my production friends.  I miss the endless emails, conference calls and budget/scheduling/content/graphic revisions!  Oh, and I miss the paychecks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment