THIS WEEK'S SEGMENT HIGHLIGHTS:

NETWORKING MEETING
Thursday, OCTOBER 29: 6pm
CUTTING EDGE PRODUCTIONS, INC.
22904 LOCKNESS AVE.
TORRANCE, CA 90501
PHONE: (310) 326-4500

Bill Dedes has been kind enough to offer his studio for our meeting - don't miss it!

Spotlight - Freelance Tips - Use this time to build your business
Social Networking -
Tips on how to use social networking effectively
Using social networking for charities
The State of our Industy - Recent feedback on the importance of meeting
Green Report - International Day of Climate Action

Remember to click each title for the entire article

Monday, May 4, 2009

HARD TIMES NEWS




THIS NEWSLETTER WAS STARTED BY A FREELANCER JUST LIKE US!  CHECK IT OUT...

I want you to get mad!    I don’t want you to protest. I don’t want you to riot. I don’t want you to write to your Congressman, because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street.

All I know is that first, you’ve got to get mad.

You’ve gotta say, “I’m a human being, goddammit! My life has value!”

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell,

“I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not going to take this anymore!!”

Actually, none of us should have to.  One of the great tragedies of today is the army of extremely qualified people our there who have no job, and are therefore unable to contribute to society.  That is why we have to rise up and say that we’re not going to take it anymore.

So…The Hard News Times.  We do find ourselves in hard times.  One of the goals of this newsletter is to change its name as soon as possible to the The Good News Times.  Our goal is to provide you with news, job search tips, career counseling, help with stretching you food budget, advice on stress relief, and help with taking the talents you’ve developed over your career and packaging them in new and profitable ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment